Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Six Flags

On Saturday October 27th I went to Six Flags with my sister, cousin, and some friends. Six flags is an amusement park, mostly made up of roller coasters. I told my sister I would pay for her ticket for her birthday, not realizing how expensive the day was going to be. The tickets must have gone up in price since I last went. The Coca Cola cans do not give you a ticket for free on the weekends either, they only took $5 off for each ticket. All together the two tickets cost me $124. The lines were crazy long because of Fright Fest, so we decided to get a flash pass. With a flash pass you can cut the line, by going to the ride on a separate line for the time you are scheduled. If we did not get that we would have been online for only about 3 roller coasters the whole night. The flash pass for each person cost $51. Since my sister only have $20 on her I also had to pay for that. So that was another $100. Then I had to pay $12 for a locker. I gave $30 to my cousin for toll and gas money. Plus I ate and drink which also cost a fortune. I must have spent $300 in one day. Way too much money for a broke college student. I obviously had fun and love roller coasters, but it was too expensive. How can you charge so much for one ticket and then another $50 for a flash pass. Six Flags definitely profits a crazy amount of money. Even though I love it there, I might go to other cheaper amusement parks from now on.

Vocabulary

Amusement park- a place that has many games and rides for entertainment.
Roller coaster- a ride at an amusement park which is like a small, open train with tracks that are high off the ground and that have sharp curves and steep hills.
Ticket- a piece of paper that allows you to see a show, participate in an event, travel on a vehicle, etc.
Expensive- costing a lot of money.
Locker- cabinet that has a door which can be locked and that is used to store personal items.
Profit- money that is made in a business, through investing, etc., after all the costs and expenses are paid.

Vocabulary exercise 

Label the pictures below with correct words from the vocabulary above.





 1. _________________________  2.__________________________ 3. _______________________

4. _________________________ 5. __________________________ 6. _______________________

Grammar Point

Take the dollar amounts and write them out in word form.(ex- $45- Forty-five dollars)



1 comment:

  1. So true. That was terribly expensive! I love the visuals for the vocabulary exercise and the grammar point. You could also include a short explanation of how numbers are written in English, pointing out the hyphen.

    ReplyDelete